( taken from http://www.arkanixlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=691 )
The Mini X-Pander was created to help Commodore users use their specialty carts like 64NIC+, FB-Net, RR-Net, and others on Commodore 128/128D models.
The Mini X-Pander has two main functions: - Two expansion slots; first one vertical and second one horizontal out the back of the Mini X-Pander board. This helps preserve the expansion port in your Commodore due to repeated connecting and disconnecting of cartridges. Plus the ability to use your two plugged in cartridges together if they use different memory addresses like $DE00, $DF00, etc.
- The ability to run cartridges that have been known to not work on a Commodore 128/128D in 64 mode. For example the 64NIC+ and FB-net network cartridges have never really worked on the Commodore 128/128D due to the line noise on the expansion port bus. The "Mini X-Pander" cleans these lines and allows for flawless usage of the affected cartridges.
The "Mini X-Pander" also includes a reset switch and works with the Commodore C64/C64C/128/128D/SX64.
It was tested with the following cartridges:
- 64NIC+ (working)
- FB-Net (working)
- RR-Net (working)
- The Final Ethernet (aka TFE) (needs testing)
- MMC64 (working)
- Easyflash v1(working)
- EasyFlash3 (working)
Network compatible Software:
- Contiki (webserver, IRC) (working)
- WarpCopy 64 v0.6 (tranfers D64 images) (working)
- ChatteRR-Box (Chat) (working)
- GuruTerm Beta1 (Terminal client)
- NetRacer v1.1 (needs testing)
- Artillery Duel Network (needs testing)
- CheerLights64 (http://www.jammingsignal.com/c64/cheerlights64.d64 )
Not working with the Mini X-Pander:
- IDE64 (not working)
- 1541Ultimate all version(not working)
- REU's (not working) one of the buffered lines probably messing with the REU
FAQ Q. Does the Mini X-Pander work with standard Commodore cartridges? A. Yes, the Mini X-Pander should work fine with standard Commodore cartridges.
Q. Can the Mini X-Pander support two cartridges at the same time? A. As long as the cartridges are set to use different memory addresses like $DE00, $DF00, etc then it should function properly.
Q. I ordered a unit how long does it take to ship? A. Usually one or two days before the unit is shipped out via USPS Priority Mail w/tracking.
Q. Will you ship to Europe? A. Yes, but don't ask us to commit fraud and declare non-sense values on the paperwork.
Q. I ordered a unit but I am having issues getting it working can you help me? A. Make sure to stop by the support forum first to see if your question(s) has already been answered. You can post to the support forum or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I ordered my unit and it's not working, Who do I contact? A. Please use the standard procedure for purchases through eBay and/or the contact address the PayPal payment was made to.
If you're having issues or need some help, support is provided at the Mini X-Pander forum