The awesome list of features speaks for this fine C64 hardware extension by itself.
From the [Ultimate Website]:
* Full emulation of a real Commodore 1541 diskdrive. ** Uses .D64 files stored on SD card ** Supports .G64 files as well (Read only) ** Configurable ID ** Configurable ROM (1541/1541C/1541II or custom) ** RAMBOard memory expansion (16K) * Secondary 'IEC-drive' for direct access to FAT filesystem. ** Can be used in stand alone mode to mount disks into the emulated 1541. * FAT/FAT32 support, with sub-directories and long filenames * Supports SD V1.1 cards as well as SD V2.0 in High Capacity mode (SDHC) * C64 cartridge emulation: ** Final Cartridge III ** Action Replay ** Retro Replay ** Super Snapshot ** Turbo Assembler w/ Codenet * Commodore 1750/1764 REU ** REU Compatible ** Size selectable from 128K up to 16 MB ** Can be combined with Retro Replay and SuperSnapshot compatible roms * Integrated RR-net compatible Ethernet port ** Available as an option on a new order only! ** No flimsy stackup board, but fully integrated. * Flexible freezer menu ** select, mount, create D64 images, browse disk images ** create new directories, delete files ** Ultra fast DMA load of single file programs (directly from SD / from a .D64 with automount and from a .T64 file) * Configuration screen, with resident settings * Load of last disk on power up * 'Stand-alone mode' ** keeps the cartridge port free ** powered through Mini-USB connector ** controlled through buttons and IEC. ** *NO* Ethernet support yet in stand alone mode!
** Built-in copier ** ...
- Board size: 68 x 100 mm
- 250k-gate FPGA
- Full size 6-pin DIN connector (IEC)
- 512 kB SRAM
- 2 MB Flash ROM
- 32 MB SDRAM
- Full size MMC / SD card compatible (Mini/Micro SD possible with adapter)
- Stereo audio output
- 6-pin expansion pin-header for connection to tape port (for C2N emulation), or other future features.
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 13 January 2009 09:03 )
* Freezer bug * Ethernet bug
As of this writing the 1541U-II is under development. It will feature
* the board itself is about 30% smaller than the 1541U; * it has a MicroSD connector, instead of a full-size SD; * it has a real-time-clock function, for correct file time and date; * it has a larger FPGA, which enables the implementation of more features; * it has a USB Host port, which can be used to connect USB-sticks; * it is targeted to have a suitable case for the device.